admin, June 20, 2014
The vegetarian version of a classic Filipino recipe. Usually tortang talong (eggplant omelette) is more commonly done with ground pork. Here we leave out the meat and add tomatoes and onions for a less cholesterol version of the dish.
1. Wash all the vegetables
2. Chop the garlic, onions and tomatoes into small pieces
3. Grill the eggplant then peel the skin off
4. Beat the eggs and set aside
5. In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of the cooking oil and saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes
6. Let this cool a bit and add to the beaten eggs, sesame oil and salt and mix
7. Then add the eggplant to the egg mixture
8. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and slide in the egg mixture into the pan
9. Cook for a minute or two on each side until done
Another lutong pinoy recipe contributed by Richelle.
Do you like this recipe? Let your friends know about it. Click the Like and Share buttons below.