admin, June 9, 2014
Milk? Pinoys usually use soy sauce or vinegar based marinades. Here’s a simple recipe for using milk as a marinade. Yummy, with that hint of garlic flavor that’s still part of filipino cuisine.
Marinate the chicken:
1. Place the cleaned chicken into a bowl
2. Rub the garlic, black pepper and half of the salt onto the chicken
3. Add evaporated milk to the chicken
4. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes
Prepare the breading:
1. In a separate bowl or plate, mix the flour, allspice, thyme and the remaining salt.
2. In a second bowl place the eggs and beat until smooth.
3. In a third bowl place the bread crumbs.
1. Heat the oil in a pan and wait until the oil is hot.
2. Coat the chicken in the flour, then dip the coated chicken into the eggs then finally dip in the bread crumb mixture.
3. Fry the chicken until golden brown.
4. Place on some paper towels or wire rack to drain the oil.
Serve with rice! Another lutuing pinoy contributed by Richelle R.