admin, September 21, 2014
There’s nothing better than lechon kawali. Here’s a twist to it. It has crispy skin and tender meat, and we do it using pork ribs! That way, each person can get a a whole rib cut (or two).
Video Language: Tagalog / English
1. Cut a shallow crisscross pattern on the skin using a sharp knife. Try not to break through the skin.
2. Create a “tray” around the pork using the aluminum foil. This is so you can spread the salt all the way to the edge of the skin and to keep the meat from drying out.
3. Drizzle the vinegar over the skin.
4. Cover the skin with an even layer of salt. This helps keep the skin dry so that it will be easier to crisp later.
5. Place the pork in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1.5 to 2 hours
6. Take the pork out of the oven, remove the salt crust and place on an oven tray.
7. Place under the broiler to crisp the skin. This may take from 15 to 30 minutes. Keep checking on the pork as the skin may over crisp and burn.
Do you like this recipe? Let your friends know about it. Click the Like and Share buttons below.